Thursday, May 21, 2015

My Thoughts On Bruce Jenner

This is a post I've been wanting to do for awhile.  I have watched the 20/20 special and the Kardashian special as well.  I now feel ready to share my opinions about Bruce being transgender.

To be honest, I originally wanted to watch the 20/20 interview because I thought it was all for publicity.  I just could not believe that Bruce Jenner was going to be a woman.  After about 5 minutes in I realized just how real it was.  I personally have never met a person who was transgender.  Watching the interview gave some really great insight.  I feel like I understand what it really means now.

I watched it with my mom who I thought would hate it.  She is very Christian and isn't very open minded with topics like this.  Surprisingly she felt the same way I did.  I felt bad that he lived his life with such a huge secret.  Nobody should ever have to do that.  I know that people can be extremely brutal to that community which makes it harder to come out.  I think that Bruce can really help the community and make a difference.

I have watched the Kardashians for years and I always wondered why he allowed them to be so rude to him.  Watching that special made me cry.  He loves his family SO much that he thinks his decision will hurt them.  I think they are just scared because they have no idea what to expect.  I would feel the same way.  It showed that they are human and they do have feelings.  I really liked how they never mentioned their image being ruined.  They love and support him no matter what.

The hardest part for me was his conversation with Kris.  I cried a lot.  She is hurt that he couldn't share these feelings with him.  Being together 25 years, she now feels it was all a lie.  It wasn't though.  He has been living with this secret since he was 8.  That is why he never shared how he was feeling.  He will still be the same person but free.  I'm so glad that now he can finally be her.

I want to know what you guys think.  I find it very inspiring.  Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.  Also, be respectful of the LGBTQ community.  They are humans just like us.  Remember that different is a good thing.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment