Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 20: Childhood Memories

It's day 20 of the 30 day blog challenge.  Only 10 days left, I can't believe it.  Today is all about 3 of my favorite childhood memories.  I had a pretty good childhood so picking only 3 was tough.  Here are my favorites.

1. When I was 4 or 5, I lived in an apartment with my mom and older sister.  My sister and I shared the same bedroom.  On Christmas that year my sister woke me up at 3 AM to see what Santa had brought us.  I got scared my mom would catch us so I stayed in my bed while she spied.  My mom did wake up but she wasn't mad.  We opened all our presents at 3 AM then went back to sleep.  It was the best Christmas ever!

2. My grandma watched my cousin and I when we were younger.  We are the same age.  We always wanted to buy from the ice cream truck but grandma always said no.  If we wanted ice cream we would have to eat what she had already bought.  So we came up with a plan, we were going to sell rocks to make our own money to but from the truck.  So we stole rocks from somebody's driveway, washed them off, and put them in bucket.  We started going door to door around the neighborhood until my grandma found out.  She got mad at us and bought the rest our rocks so we'd stop selling them.  We made $5 each.

3. I love my birthday.  On my 12th birthday, my mom told me I couldn't have a big party because we were too busy.  So I believed her.  On the weekend of my birthday my dad said he was taking me to lunch.  Instead it was a giant surprise party at the roller skating rink!  It was the best birthday ever!


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment