Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 3: 5 Books

It's day 3 of the 30 day challenge.  Today is about 5 of my favorite books and why I love them.  I've always loved reading since I was a kid.  Now I use a Nook which is much better and easier than carrying books around.  Here are my 5 books that I love.

1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I first read this book in high school as a 10th grader.  Ever since then it has been my favorite.  I love all the meanings it has and all it represents.  Everybody should read this book.

2. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
What girl doesn't love Nicholas Sparks?  This is my favorite out of all his books that I've read so far.  I read this book every summer.  I love how it is about forgiveness and love.  Guarding your heart is not the way to go through life.

3. The Lying Game Series by Sara Shepard
I heard about this series from the ABC Family show.  If you enjoy the show then you will definitely love the books.  It is different than the show but still very good.  I've read all 3 books so far and I can't wait for the next one.  It's suspenseful yet a little romantic.

4. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
This is my favorite author.  I also read this book in high school.  It is about intense issues but it is relatable to most young adults.  I liked that it deals with real issues and situations.

5. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
I read this after the movie was out.  It's much better than the movie, which most books are.  Elephants are my favorite animal so that's one reason I love it.  I also just love the era it was set in.

xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment