Monday, February 29, 2016

My February Playlist!


Happy Leap Year!!!!  I needed this extra day for sure.  This month went WAY to fast.  I'm kinda glad it's over because I was sick pretty much all month.  I also different discover a lot of new music.  I'm obsessed with January's playlist still.  It's really good!  This playlist has a mixture of new and old songs.  It's a great mixture I think.  What have you been listening to?

1. 19 in 99 by Nick Carter
I'm obsessed with this song!!!  Actually the entire album is amazing.  I'm a HUGE Backstreet Boy fan so I knew I'd love this.  It's very catchy and makes me wish it was summer.  The video really makes me miss the 90's.  It's my favorite decade for sure.  Favorite lyric: It makes me wanna go back in time I know you remember when You and I, didn't give a damn And we would go all night, 19 in 99 Baby you and me, everybody wanted to be free, too free Spending all our money, just to live like kings Underneath the Hollywood sign Reunited in 1999 19 in 99

2. Hollow by Tori Kelly
I just love her!  I discovered this song when I couldn't sleep and loved it right away.  Her voice is just beautiful and amazing.  I love how every song she does is powerful and has meaning.  That makes her a great artist I think.  Favorite lyric: So hold me Wrap me in love, fill up my cup Empty and only your love can fill up my cup 'Cause I'm hollow Yeah, I'm hollow, oh, oh, oh

3. Over And Over by Nelly feat. Tim McGraw
I totally forgot about this song!  It brings back SO many memories though.  I heard it when my radio station did a throwback.  It's been stuck in my head ever since.  Fan fact Nelly was my first concert ever.  I was only 13.  I feel old now!  Favorite lyric: Cause its all in my head I think about it over and over again And I can’t keep picturing you with him And it hurts so bad, yeah Cause its all in my head
I think about it over and over again I replay it over and over again yeah And I can’t take it yeah I can’t shake it No


4. Dibs by Kelsea Ballerini
I've rediscovered this album this month.  I've been in a country music mood lately.  It just makes me happy.  This song is just super cute and I'm always singing it.  She reminds me of Taylor Swift a lot.  I hope I see her in concert someday.  Favorite lyric: If you got a kiss on your lips that you're looking for somebody to take If you got a heart that ain't afraid of love ain't afraid to break If you've got a Friday night free and a shotgun seat Well I'm just saying, I ain't got nowhere to be So baby I'll take whatever it is you've got to give Yeah I'm calling dibs On your lips On your kiss On your time Boy, I'm calling dibs On your hand On your heart All mine

5. Me, Myself & I by G-Eazy
I have been loving this song lately.  I kept hearing it but had no clue who it was.  I actually really love this guy.  He has really great songs.  He just seems to keep it real which I love.  Favorite lyric: Oh, it's just me, myself and I Solo ride until I die 'Cause I got me for life (yeah) Oh I don't need a hand to hold Even when the night is cold I got that fire in my soul

6. I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner
I discovered this while I was getting ready in the morning.  It's SO good!  The lyrics are just so powerful.  I love when artists do that.  It's important to put real messages out there especially for kids today.  Favorite lyric: I'm just a singer who already blew his shot I get along with old timers Cause my name's a reminder of a pop song people forgot And I can't keep a girl, no Cause as soon as the sun comes up I cut em all loose and work's my excuse But the truth is I can't open up

7. Check On It by Beyonce
It's another throwback!  My cousin and I were obsessed with this song.  My radio station also played this and it just brought back memories.  We thought we were so cool.  Favorite lyric: Oh boy you looking like you like what you see Won't you come over and check up on it, I'm gon' let you work up on it Ladies let em check up on it, watch it while he check up on it Dip it, pop it, twerk it, stop it, check on me tonight

8. Heartbeat by Carrie Underwood
I told you I've been loving country music right now.  I heard on the Grammy's and downloaded it right away.  It's so romantic and cute.  I just love songs like this.  Plus she is just amazing.  Favorite lyric: And tonight I wanna drive so far we'll only find static on the radio And we can't see those city lights and I love the way you look in a firefly glow Saying everything without making a sound, a cricket choir in the background, underneath a harvest moon Standing on your shoes in my bare feet, dancing to the rhythm of your heartbeat Oh woah, and we're dancing to the rhythm of your heartbeat

9. Pillowtalk by Zayn
You guys I tried to not love this song.  I just couldn't resist!  I'm not a fan of the music video though.  It's just too weird.  I probably won't buy the album but it's a good song.  I still love One Direction more!  Favorite lyric: I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure Nobody but you, 'body but me, 'body but us Bodies together I'd love to hold you close, tonight and always I'd love to wake up next to you
I'd love to hold you close, tonight and always I'd love to wake up next to you


10. Work From Home by Fifth Harmony
This song just came out and I already love it!  It's very catchy and always in my head.  I like the direction their music is going.  I just hope they don't go to sexy because it just isn't necessary.  They have amazing voices.  Favorite lyric: I ain't worried 'bout nothin' I ain't worried about nada I'm sittin' pretty, impatient, but I know you gotta Put in them hours, I'mma make it hotter I'm sending pic after picture, I'mma get you fired



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment