Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Hunger Games: Book vs Movie

Last summer my friend recommended I read The Hunger Game series.  I'm not a person who likes reading what everybody else is.  I refuse to read Twilight or Harry Potter because I'm not really a follower.  So I never bought The Hunger Game series.  This past spring I was browsing on my Nook for a new book to read and noticed the first book was on sale.  Since it was on sale, I decided I'd check it out just to see what the hype was all about.  I couldn't stop reading it and finished in 3 days!  Immediately I bought the other two books.  I honestly didn't think I'd like it because I hate any kind of violence.  It was very well written though.  Unfortunately I didn't make it to the theater to see the movie.  Last night I finally watched!!  I really loved it.  It wasn't gruesome at all.  It really stayed true to the book.  Everything I pictured while reading is exactly how the movie portrayed it.  I couldn't decide which I liked more.  Finally I decided I liked the book more.  The book provides so much more details about the characters and the actual games.  If you don't enjoy reading but are interested in the series I would recommend the movie.  Which did you guys prefer?


xo,

Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment