Thursday, September 6, 2012

2012 Video Music Awards!!!!

Tonight was the 2012 VMA's and I was so excited!!!!!!  I watch every year and this year was a great show.  Rihanna opened the show with a medley of her songs.  I'm not a huge fan of her so I didn't like it at all.  Kevin Hart was this years host.  He is so funny and had a great opening monologue.  He talked about the Drake and Chris Brown fight, Snooki's baby, and Kristen Stewart cheating.  The first award of the night was Best Pop Video.  One Direction wins for What Makes You Beautiful!!  They even beat out Justin Bieber.  I'm honestly so proud of them.  Pink performed her latest single Blow Me (One Last Kiss).  It was kind of weird. Giant lips were shooting confetti everywhere.  I do love Pink though.  Best Male Video was the next award and Chris Brown won for Turn Up The Music.  I'm a fan but I really wanted Bieber to win.  The next performance was Frank Ocean singing Thinking About You.  I absolutely hated it.  It was way too slow for the VMA's in my opinion.  Drake won Best Hip Hop Video for HYFR.  I'm in love with Drake so I'm glad he won.  One Direction takes the stage for their first ever VMA performance.  I was secretly hoping they would sing their new single Live While We're Young but I figured they'd sing What Makes You Beautiful.  They actually sang One Thing and I loved every moment.  Best Female Video went to Nicki Minaj for Starships.  Can I just say what was she wearing?  2 Chainz and Lil Wayne performed next.  I have no clue what song because most of it was bleeped.  Why would you sing a song that needs every other word bleeped?  Kevin Hart came out doing the Gangnam Style dance with South Korean rapper PSY.  If you have no idea what it is Youtube it.  It's interesting.  Green Day performed next and it was a crazy mess.  Fans surrounded them and you could barely see them.  Best New Artist goes to.......ONE DIRECTION!!!  Alicia Keys sang her new song Girl On Fire.  It featured Nicki Minaj and US Gymnast Gabby Douglas cartwheeling across the stage.  I liked the song a lot.  Video Of The Year goes to Rihanna for We Found Love.  I love that song and it's been stuck in my head all night now.  Taylor Swift closed the show with We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.  I loved it!  The outfit was so cute, I don't think I've ever seen her in shorts.  It was a great way to end the night.  What were your favorite moments?  Tell me in the comments.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment