Monday, November 9, 2015

DWTS Season 21: It's Showstoppers Night!


It's week 9!  If you missed anything from last week then check it out here.  There are only 6 left!  Tonight is showstopper night!  The couples will dance twice this week.  During the duet round they will be dancing with another couple with no pros for 30 seconds.  They will take inspiration from broadway numbers.  I'm interested to see how this works.  Tonight somebody will go home.  Make sure you vote so that your favorites so they don't go home.


ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He is the underdog right now.  This week he danced the Salsa.  I thought he has done better.  There were a lot of mistakes.  He didn't do well with the hip action.  I wanted him to be sexier because Salsa is sexy.  He didn't have the musicality either.  I really think he'll be going soon.  He just isn't where he should be this far in the competition.  His score was 24 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
She needs to clear her mind and just dance.  She suffered from an eating disorder for years and now she's telling her story.  This week she danced Contemporary.  I loved this!  It was SO powerful!  The choreography was FANTASTIC!  I honestly got chills.  You could feel every single struggle.  I suffered from an eating disorder too so I felt a connection.  I'm glad that she shared because it needs more awareness.  Her score was 30 of 30.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
He was almost eliminated last week.  He is confident in his partner and himself.  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  I liked it.  Sadly I didn't love it.  I wanted more passion and intensity.  It just didn't feel like an Argentine Tango.  He can do so much more than this.  At this point he needs to be great not good.  His score was 27 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She is held to a higher standard than the other couples.  This week she danced the Viennese Waltz.  It was AMAZING!  She started off being blindfolded which is incredible.  It was SO beautiful and flawless.  I loved that it was a classic Viennese Waltz but still surprising and risky.  I just love her and everything that she does.  She is wonderful!  Her score was 30 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She finally has the connection with her partner.  This week she danced Contemporary.  She was in the hospital so we saw her dress rehearsal.  It's unfortunate because it wasn't her full potential.  I loved the concept but it was so hard to judge.  Her score was 22 of 30.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He finally got a perfect score so he needs to stay on this path.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  It was SO good!!!  All season his frame hasn't been that great but tonight it looked great.  It couldn't look away!  It was so cool and fun.  I loved how modern it was.  It had a Great Gatsby vibe which I loved.  I love him so much!  #TeamSharnick!  His score was 28 of 30.

Showstopper Round:
Carlos and Alek:  They are dancing the Paso Doble.  There were parts that I really loved and parts I didn't.  The solo part could've had more.  The black light paint was very cool.  I wanted more of a Paso feel.  Their score was 24 of 30.  This is added to their earlier scores.

Bindi and Alexa:  They are dancing the Charleston.  I loved them together!  It was SO much fun!  It was modern but still classic.  I wish it never ended!  I adored the solo part!  It was sassy and just fun!  This was my favorite dance of the night.  Their score was 30 of 30.  This is added to their earlier scores.

Nick and Tamar:  They are dancing the Rumba.  Tamar was back!  I loved this dance!  It was so beautiful and I couldn't look away.  I can't believe she danced after being in the hospital.  I applaud her.  Their score was 27 of 30.  This is added to their earlier scores.

Results:
Bindi, Nick, Alek, Tamar, and Carlos are safe.  Alexa has been eliminated.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment