Monday, November 2, 2015

DWTS Season 21: Icon Week


It's week 8!  If you missed last week then you can check it out here.  This week is icon week.  The stars will be paying tribute to their favorite icon.  Also the dance off is back!  The celebrity with the highest score has immunity and can't be eliminated this week.  The remaining celebrities will compete in the dance off.  Two couples will go head to head and whoever wins gets extra points.  The show started with a huge group number.  It was AMAZING!!!!!  Tonight somebody will be eliminated.  Make sure you are voting for your favorites so they don't go home.


CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
He picked Marc Anthony as his icon because he helped him understand his Latin roots.  This week he danced the Salsa.  I thought it was pretty good.  It started off not so well but it got better.  I thought he has had better dances.  For me he had too many tricks and I wanted more dancing.  I just wanted it to feel more like a salsa.  I did enjoy it though.  His score was 27 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He picked Chris Kyle as his icon because he doesn't think of himself as a hero either.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I really liked this!  It was so beautiful and touching.  I wanted more dancing though.  It was very simple and they focused more on lifts.  He needs to push himself if he wants to make it far.  I'm not sure he'll last much longer honestly.  His score was 25 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He picked Stevie Wonder as his icon because he listened to him growing up and it made him feel happy.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  This made me cry.  It just had so much emotion and it was beautiful.  The story was so touching.  It wasn't his best dance but it still touched me.  He does need to work a little on his technique but overall I enjoyed it.  His score was 22 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
She picked David & Goliath as her icon because her faith inspires her to conquer these dances.  This week she danced the Argentine Tango.  I thought it was OK.  The story line didn't fit this dance at all.  Argentine Tango is about a love/hate relationship and this story isn't.  I wanted more passion and intensity.  There were some mistakes but she did recover well.  She has done better but I'm not a huge fan of hers.  Her score was 25 of 30.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He picked his wife as his icon because she is always there for him.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I loved it!  It was basically their entire love story in one dance.  It was so beautiful and breathtaking.  It was honestly flawless!  I felt very emotional.  It was his best dance yet!  Also he's having a boy!!!!!  I just love him and I'm very happy for them both.  His was 30 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She picked Grace Kelly as her icon because she always stayed true to herself no matter what.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  I loved this dance!  It was SO much fun!  She is a hollywood sweetheart so it was fitting for her.  The choreography was fantastic and I wanted more!  It was modern but still classy.  I do wish it had a little bit more Foxtrot but I still loved it.  I just love her!  Her score was 28 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She picked her sister Toni Braxton as her icon because she helps know can she can accomplish anything.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I really liked this!  It was a HUGE improvement from last week.  I thought the choreography was classic and strong.  She looked fabulous!  She needs to work on her arms but I love her confidence.  She has nothing to worry about.  Her score was 28 of 30.

The Dance Off:
Nick got immunity so he can't be eliminated and isn't in the dance off.

Bindi is going against Carlos.  They are dancing the Jive.  Both of them were amazing!  I personally thought Bindi was better.  The judges picked Carlos as the winner.  They get 2 extra points added to their scores.

Tamar is going against Alexa.  They are dancing the Cha Cha.  I liked this pairing a lot!  They killed it!  I liked Alexa better.  The judges picked Tamar as the winner.  They get 2 extra points added to their scores.

Andy is going against Alek.  They are dancing the Samba.  Neither have danced this style yet.  It was a bit of a mess.  I would probably go with Andy.  The judges picked Andy as the winner.  They get 2 extra points added to their scores.

Results:
Nick, Bindi, Tamar, Alek, Alexa, and Carlos are safe.  Andy has been eliminated.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment