Friday, October 30, 2015

My October Playlist!


Happy Halloween everybody!  I'm getting ready to take my nieces out trick or treating.  They are SO cute!  This year they are Batgirl and of course Elsa.  Secretly I wish I was dressing up as Elsa too.  Before all my Halloween excitement begins I wanted to share what songs I've been obsessed with this month.  I seem to have been loving a lot of female artists which is rare for me.  Girl power!  I'm still loving last month's playlist which you can check out here.  What songs have you been loving?

1. I'm In Love With A Monster by Fifth Harmony
This is a fitting first song.  I love Fifth Harmony so of course I love this song.  It's VERY catchy and a fun song.  It's for the movie Hotel Transylvania 2.  I've never seen the first one but maybe I'll take my nieces to see it sometime.  I'm so proud that they made it on a movie soundtrack.  I LOVE the video as well.  They look amazing!  Favorite lyric: Friends say I'm stupid and I'm out of my mind But without you, boy, I'd be bored all the time No, I don't really care for the same conversation Got everything I need, and I'd rather be chasing Chasing love, with a monster

2. Love Me Like You by Little Mix
They are on a roll with their new music!  I have loved every song that they have released.  I'm honestly so excited about the album.  I will be buying it for sure!  The sound is very 50's which you guys know I love.  They have really changed their sound and I think it's for the best.  The video is adorable and it makes me miss prom.  Favorite lyric: Last night I lay in bed so blue Cause I realized the truth, they can't love me like you I tried to find somebody new Baby they ain't got a clue, can't love me like you

3. Same Old Love by Selena Gomez
I have been obsessed with her lately!  I really like her mature sound.  She did it in a really classy and elegantly.  I really appreciate that because most younger artists don't do that anymore.  I'm sure she followed Taylor Swift's advice.  I actually haven't listened to her album yet but I plan on it.  I've heard it's fantastic.  I turn this song up every time it's on.  I'm loving it!  Favorite lyric: Take away your things and go You can't take back what you said, I know I've heard it all before, at least a million times I'm not one to forget, you know I don't believe, I don't believe it You left in peace, left me in pieces Too hard to breathe, I'm on my knees Right now

4. On My Mind by Ellie Goulding
This song has been my obsession!  I play it at least 10 times a day and never get tired of it.  I also constantly have it stuck in my head.  I really like how different it sounds compared to her other music.  I think it's amazing!  Supposedly this song is about Ed Sheeran but nothing has been confirmed.  I just love her and I'm a fan of anything she does.  I will totally be checking out her album.  Favorite lyric: Wait, I could have really liked you I'll bet, I'll bet that's why I keep on thinking 'bout you It's a shame (shame), you said I was good So I poured it down, so I poured it down And now I don't understand it You don't mess with love, you mess with the truth And I know I shouldn't say it But my heart don't understand Why I got you on my mind

5. Cake By The Ocean by DNCE
When did Joe Jonas create a band?  I had no idea he was singing until I saw them on TV.  Ir sounds nothing like him but I do love the song.  I do wish it was out during the summer instead because it has that vibe.  It's a very catchy song.  I haven't heard any other music by them so I can't tell if I'm a total fan yet.  I'm just still shocked that he has a band.  He should've went solo like Nick.  Favorite lyric: Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece (Huh!) You should be rolling with me, you should be rolling with me (Aaahhhh) You're a real life fantasy, you're a real life fantasy (Huh!) But you're moving so carefully; let's start living dangerously

6. Stitches by Shawn Mendes
I've actually loved this song for awhile now.  It finally made my playlist!  First I forgot who sang it and then it kept getting bumped off by other songs.  This month I've been playing it a TON.  My friend and I just can't get enough for some reason.  It's even made it onto my morning playlist.  This is another song that is stuck in my head.  I'm always singing it!  Favorite lyric: You watch me bleed until I can't breathe Shaking, falling onto my knees And now that I'm without your kisses I'll be needing stitches Tripping over myself Aching, begging you to come help And now that I'm without your kisses I'll be needing stitches

7. Fifteen by Taylor Swift
Earlier this month I went to the Taylor Swift concert.  If you want to know all about it go here.  She sang this song and it just brought back so many memories.  I get chills every time I hear it.  It's just such a great song!  I've been playing her old albums over and over since the concert.  She is amazing and my idol.  I will be a fan forever!  Favorite lyric: 'Cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you You're gonna believe them And when you're fifteen, don't forget to look before you fall I've found that time can heal most anything And you just might find who you're supposed to be I didn't know who I was supposed to be at fifteen

8. One Call Away by Charlie Puth
I may or may not have a Charlie Puth obsession.  I just love his voice SO MUCH!  I've loved every song that I've heard.  I can't even choose a favorite!  I even preordered his album because I'm so obsessed.  I discovered this song when I was trying to fall asleep.  It's such a cute song!  I just love him!  Favorite lyric: No matter where you go You know you're not alone I'm only one call away I'll be there to save the day Superman got nothing on me I'm only one call away

9. Friend Zone by Danielle Bradbery
I'm SO glad that she has new music out!  I've been a fan since she was on The Voice.  It should've been released in the summer because it also has that vibe.  It's just really fun and upbeat.  I'm glad that she hasn't changed since becoming famous.  I do wish she would make songs like the older country music.  It would suit her voice perfectly.  Favorite lyric: You think you're doing just fine Ooh, she got you on the sideline You think you're flying towards the endzone You're just headed towards the friend zone Let me break it down to the facts You will never get a girl like that You gotta step up to the plate with a bat That's all I gotta say about that

10. Perfect by One Direction
Are you guys even surprised?  Obviously this song was going to make the playlist!  I've literally had it on repeat since it came out.  The video was a total surprise and I'm OBSESSED!  It might be my favorite video that they've done.  I love the black and white.  Plus they just look adorable.  I just love them!  I'm SUPER pumped for the album in 13 days!!!!!!!!  Be looking for an album review.  Favorite lyric: But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms And if you like having secret little rendezvous If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn’t do Baby, I'm perfect Baby, I'm perfect for you And if you like midnight driving with the windows down And if you like going places we can’t even pronounce If you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about Baby, you're perfect
Baby, you're perfect So let's start right now






xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment