Monday, October 12, 2015

DWTS Season 21: Let's Switch It Up!


It's week 5 already!!!!  If you missed last week's episode then check out the recap here.  Tonight's theme is another favorite.  It's switch up week!  The celebrities will be dancing with different professionals than normal.  It's always a touchy week but it gets exciting.  I'm very interested in the pairings this year.  There is a guest judge this week.  It's Maks!!!!!!  I'm excited about this!  The show started with a big group number.  I loved it!!!  Tonight nobody will be going home.  Make sure you keep voting for your favorites so they don't get sent home early!


TAMAR BRAXTON AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
She is worried about the choreography.  This week she danced the Samba.  I thought she did great!  The connection was not as good but that is expected.  I wanted more Samba steps.  It was just slightly mess up.  She did best on her own so she needs to work on partner work.  She has had way better dances but I enjoyed it.  Her score is 29 of 40.

HAYES GRIER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
She wants to show a more mature side of him.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  I thought it was really cute.  I wouldn't say it was mature but I thought he looked adorable.  I wished it was more traditional.  It was a little too jumpy.  He still needs to have a big break out moment.  I did think this pairing was a good one.  His score is 30 of 40.

PAULA DEEN AND MARK BALLAS:
He is going to show her wild side.  This week she danced the Jive.  I did not expect this couple to work but I loved it!  It was honestly her best dance.  She remembered her steps and just had fun.  I did think she played it a little safe.  I wanted more energy.  I really loved this performance though.  Her score is 26 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND EMMA SLATER:
He decided that he needs to step it up.  This week he danced the Rumba.  I really liked it!  It was romantic.  The chemistry was amazing!  They were so cute together!  He really needs to work on his facial expressions.  I liked that it wasn't too sexual.  It had a nice innocence to it.  He really needs to relax and show more emotion.  He could go far.  His score is 29 of 40.

BINDI IRWIN AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She wants to stay on her new level.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I just LOVE her!  She always makes me feel so happy!  I never want it to end!  I could watch her all day long!  This was a great partnership.  The only thing she needs to work on is her shoulders.  I love her confidence and it is so infectious.  Her score is 37 of 40.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He almost went home last week.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I thought this was a really fun dance.  I didn't love it because it wasn't a true quickstep.  It had so many other dance elements and I wanted it more traditional.  I felt it would fit better as a freestyle.  The judges loved it though.  I was very entertaining though.  His score is 39 of 40.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND DEREK HOUGH:
She made a mistake last week.  This week she danced the Tango.  I loved this dance!  It was just so raw and I loved it.  She really needs to let go and just be her true self.  She needs to totally stay on this path.  This was her moment and she killed IT!  I love this partnership A LOT!  Her score is 40 of 40.  This is the first perfect score of the season.

ANDY GRAMMER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
She wants to show a sexier side to him.  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  I thought he did a great job!  His performance was on another level.  It was more focused and slightly sexy.  It wasn't perfect but it was an improvement.  I'm still not a huge fan of his.  He just doesn't stand out to me.  I don't think he'll last much longer.  His score is 36 of 40.

NICK CARTER AND WITNEY CARSON:
He is trying to take control.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  OMG I just love him!  He just gets better and better.  I thought this was an amazing dance.  He needed to work on the hips but he commits every week.  It had passion and a ton of energy.  I love him SO much!  His score is 35 of 40.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment