Monday, October 19, 2015

DWTS Season 21: Famous Dances Night


It's week 6!  If you missed the last recap you can check it out here.  This weeks theme is famous dances.  The couples will be doing an iconic dance from a movie or music video.  I'm pretty excited for this.  There is also a guest judge this week.  It's Olivia Newton-John!  Tonight Erin Andrews is covering the World Series so Leah Remini is standing in.  The show kicked off with a big opening number.  I LOVED IT!  Tonight somebody will be going home tonight.  Make sure to vote for your favorites so they don't go home!


HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
He got the movie Grease.  His song is You're The One The That I Want.  This week he danced Jazz.  I thought it was good.  I really wanted to love it but it's so hard to judge this movie.  It's one of my all time favorites so he wasn't on that level.  He did try hard but for me I wanted more.  The choreography was amazing though.  His score is 32 of 40.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He got the movie Singin' In The Rain.  His song is Good Morning.  This week he danced Jazz.  I LOVED this dance!  I've never actually seem the entire movie but I feel like I have now.  It really captured every memorable moment from the film.  The choreography was classic but modern.  I could watch that over and over!  This was his breakout moment.  I've been waiting for it.  His score is 40 of 40.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
She got a Britney Spears music video.  Her song is I'm A Slave 4 U.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I'm a HUGE Britney fan and this was a big moment in her career.  I wanted more of the Britney essence.  It was still a great performance.  I just really wanted her to own it.  The snake part was on point though.  Her score is 30 of 40.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She got the movie Dirty Dancing.  Her song is Time Of Your Life.  This week she danced the Rumba.  OMG I WANT MORE!!!!!!!  It wasn't an actual Rumba but nobody cares!  I loved every single second!  This is my favorite movie EVER and it captured every part!  I felt like I was watching the actual film.  It even had the emotion and passion.  I'm speechless.  Her score is 40 of 40.

PAULA DEEN AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
She got a Madonna music video.  Her song is Vogue.  This week she danced Jazz.  I was VERY impressed.  She's no Madonna but she still did great.  It was just fun.  I did enjoy last week more but she always entertains me.  I'm not sure she will last much longer but I enjoy her.  Her score is 24 of 40.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
He got the movie Magic Mike.  His song is Pony.  This week he danced the Rumba.  First I wanna say is Magic Mike iconic?  This dance was HOT!  He looked GOOD!  I really loved it!  I liked that it was sexy but not raunchy.  I thought he did it justice.  He still isn't my favorite but he stayed true to himself.  I like his commitment.  His score is 38 of 40.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He got the movie Saturday Night Fever.  His song is You Should Be Dancing.  This week he danced the Samba.  This was everything I wanted!  It was just amazing!  I was transported back to disco and I wanted more!  I loved that she put actual Samba in the dance as well.  I just love everything he does.  He's perfect!  His score is 39 of 40.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He got the movie Jailhouse Rock.  His song is Jailhouse Rock.  This week he danced the Jive.  I thought it was good.  I loved the Jive content but he messed up a few times.  I didn't get an Elvis vibe.  He just isn't where he should be at this point in the competition.  He did improve his facial expressions but he needs more than that.  He just needs to step it up.  His score is 30 of 40.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She got a Janet Jackson music video.  Her song is Rhythm Nation.  This week she danced Jazz.  She KILLED it!  I couldn't even believe how perfect she was!  It was fast and extremely detailed.  She missed a few days due to illness but you couldn't tell.  She looked like a professional!  She is fantastic!  Her score is 40 of 40.

Results:
Carlos, Tamar, Nick, Alek, Bindi, Andy, Hayes, and Alexa are safe.  Paula has been eliminated.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment