Monday, October 26, 2015

DWTS Season 21: It's Halloween Time!


It's week 7!  If you missed my recap from last week click here.  Tonight's theme is Halloween!  I'm very excited about it.  Also team dances are back!  This is always one of my favorite parts.  Derek has never lost a team dance so we'll see if his streak continues.  The show started with a big Monster Mash group number.  It was SO good!  Tonight somebody will be going home.  Make sure you vote for your favorites so they don't go home.


NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He hasn't gotten a perfect score yet.  He wants to work hard and earn it,  This week he danced the Argentine Tango.  I LOVED this dance!  I thought he looked great.  I did wish it was a little bit sharper.  He stayed in character the whole time.  The lifts were fantastic and amazing!  I just love every single thing he does.  You guys know he is my favorite.  His score is 24 of 30.

HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
He really needs to listen to the judges.  He needs to focus and work hard.  This week he danced the Waltz.  I thought he did A LOT better than last week.  I was blown away by this dance.  It was very classic and beautiful.  He needs to stay on this path because it's working for him.  I think this might be his best dance yet.  His score is 26 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
She almost went home last week so she is pushing herself harder.  This week she danced the Paso Doble.  I thought she did a fantastic job.  She really stepped it up this week.  They kept it classic which I really enjoyed.  It was a perfect balance of passion.  Now that she trusts her partner it really shows.  She will only get better and better.  Her score is 27 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Last week was her comeback and now she is confident.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  I thought she did a great job.  It wasn't my favorite dance by her.  She seemed a little bit off.  There were mistakes and the connection wasn't there.  She definitely has the potential and confidence to go the end.  They should really focus on their connection though.  Her score is 24 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
After last week he is seen as a real competitor.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  I thought it was great.  It had passion and aggression which is what this dance is all about.  I liked the creep vampire story as well.  It wasn't perfect but I think he is still a competitor.  I don't think he'll win but he'll go far.  His score is 26 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She worked hard to be scary this week.  She's just always so happy!  This week she danced the Argentine Tango.  OMG she killed it!  It was full of passion and very intense!  It was also super sexy but not too much.  I wanted more!  I just couldn't look away!  She really got into character and I loved it.  I love her!  Her score is 30 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He was very upset about his scores last week.  He needs a reality check.  This week he danced the Viennese Waltz.  It was pretty good.  I still don't really love him.  He seems to be just going through the motions.  I want him to be fierce and intense.  He never stands out for me.  I'm not sure how mush longer he will last.  I'm not a fan.  His score is 25 of 30.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
He felt like he didn't deserve his scores last week.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  I thought he did a great job.  I LOVED the cape work he was doing.  He did make a few mistakes but he keeps getting better.  He needs to focus on himself and not what his wife is doing.  He has a lot more potential than he is showing.  His score is 28 of 30.

Team Dances:
First up is Team Nightmare.  On their team is Nick, Tamar, Hayes, and Andy.  They are dancing freestyle.  I really wanted to love it but it was just OK.  I loved the concept and the choreography.  The judges thought it was amazing but I wanted more.  They looked great though.  Their score is 30 of 30.  This will be added to their scores from earlier.

Now it's Team Who You Gonna Call? turn.  On their team is Bindi, Carlos, Alexa, and Alek.  They are dancing freestyle.  This what I wanted!  It hard tricks and it was just fun!  I could watch this all day!  I loved this SO much better!  Their score is 28 of 30.  This will be added to their scores from earlier.

Results:
Bindi, Nick, Alek, Andy, Carlos, Alexa, and Tamar are safe.  Hayes has been eliminated.





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment