Monday, October 5, 2015

DWTS Season 21: The Most Memorable Year


It's week 4!!!!  If you missed last weeks recap check it out here.  Tonight's theme is always my favorite.  It's time for the most memorable year episode!!  This is when the celebrities do a dance representing their most memorable year.  I already know I'm going to be an emotional wreck!  I always am every season.  Tom Bergeron will not be hosting tonight because his father is ill.  Stepping in for him is Alfonso Ribeiro.  Somebody will be going home tonight.  Make sure you vote for your favorite so they stay safe!

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
Her most memorable year is 2000.  She booked her biggest role in Spy Kids.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  I thought this dance was super adorable.  I loved the entire concept.  It felt very young and fresh which I love.  It was just fun!  There were a few mistakes but it was her first proper ballroom dance.  She just needs to stay on this path.  Her score is 21 of 30.

GARY BUSEY AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA:
His most memorable year is 1979.  He booked his biggest role as Buddy Holly.  This week he danced Jazz.  Well I preferred last week.  He definitely had passion because it was a huge part of his life.  He just isn't improving like the other celebrities.  He does entertain you though.  I just don't think this show is for him.  His score is 16 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her most memorable year is 2012.  Her husband was put into a coma and then she got pregnant.  This week she danced the Rumba.  It was breathtaking.  The story was so real and it affected me.  I totally cried because it was just so touching.  The connection was perfect.  I also loved that they danced a very classic Rumba.  I could watch that all day!  Her score is 27 of 30.

HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
His most memorable year is 2014.  He blew up into a social media star overnight.  This week he danced Contemporary.  I thought the dance was great.  It was really clean and sharp.  I feel like I didn't totally get his story.  He did break out of his shell but he just isn't my favorite.  I thought he looked strained during the lift.  I like him but I don't love him.  His score is 27 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
His most memorable year is 2015.  He stopped terrorists on a train in Paris.  Then the weekend there was a shooting at his community college in Oregon.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  I thought he did an amazing job.  You could totally feel the passion.  I did want more emotion because it would have made it so much better.  He does surprise me every time he dances though.  His score is 24 of 30.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
His most memorable year is 1992.  He met and joined the group Backstreet Boys.  It saved him from his childhood.  This week he danced Jazz.  This dance was EVERYTHING!!  This was pretty much my entire childhood!  I WANT MORE!!!!!  Can I please be Sharna?  She's living my dreams right now!  I have nothing else to say!  He is the BEST!!  His score is 27 of 30.  P.S. That deserved a 30!

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
His most memorable year is 2012.  His band Big Time Rush was at his peak so when it was all over he hit rock bottom.  His met his wife the next week at church and it changed his life.  This week he danced the Waltz.  It was beautiful.  I really wish he was more at the leader board.  He needs a big break out moment.  It was lovely and I enjoyed it.  It was mesmerizing.  His score was 25 of 30.

PAULA DEEN AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
Her most memorable year is 1989.  She left her husband and started her cooking business.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I thought this was one of her best dances.  I did want her to have a lot more fun.  She needs to just focus and remember her dance.  Also her legs look AMAZING!  She needs to just be confident.  Her score is 18 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
His most memorable year is 2009.  He was just a street performer and then his mother passed away from breast cancer.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I loved this dance!  It was really fun and he made the best of his situation.  He had a couple of mistakes but the message was great.  You can decide to make any situation positive.  I love that!  He just needs to have a big break out moment.  His score is 23 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
Her most memorable year is 2006.  Her father passed away unexpectedly and she was only 8.  He was her hero.  This week she danced Contemporary.  I totally lost it the second it started.  It just immediately touched me.  This dance left me breathless.  It was just beautiful and I could watch that all night long.  She's amazing.  I have no words.  Her score is 28 of 30.

Results:
Nick, Bindi, Andy, Paula, Alexa, Alek, Hayes, Tamar, and Carlos are safe.  Gary has been eliminated.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment