Thursday, October 22, 2015

Cooking Corner: Frankenstein Treats

Halloween is only 9 days away!!!!  I'm actually getting super excited.  Today I thought I would share a really cute and easy treat.  This would be perfect for a party or just to enjoy yourself!  I'll probably be enjoying these while I carve pumpkins with my nieces.  Tweet me pictures if you try them out!  Also let me know if you want more Halloween themed posts in the comments.



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons of butter
10 oz of marshmallows
6 cups rice krispie cereal
10 drops yellow food coloring
10 drops blue food coloring
Melted chocolate
Candy eyes

Directions:
1. Melt butter in a pot and add the marshmallows.  Stir until all melted.

2. Add food coloring and stir until the mixture is green.  Add cereal a little at a time and stir until combined.

3. Press cereal mixture evenly into a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Let it cool for about 30 minutes.

4. Cut into squares and remove from pan.

5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl and dip the tops of the rice krispie treats in it.  Set on wax paper to harden.

6. Put some melted chocolate into a ziplock bag and snip off one corner.  Use this to stick on eyes and draw the mouth.

7. Let set for about 20 minutes.  Then enjoy!




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment