Wednesday, September 30, 2015

My September Playlist!


Where did September go?  It went by too fast!  A lot happened in my life this month.  I'm back in school which is a HUGE update!  This will be my second degree so I'm trying to get back in the groove of it.  Also football has started which is my favorite time of year.  Unfortunately this month is not ending on a good note.  I've been super sick for the last week and it sucks.  I'm still obsessed with last month's playlist which you can check out here.  I was very selective about what songs made the list.  I'm extremely happy with how it turned out.  What songs are you loving?


1. Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift
I know you guys saw this coming!  I love everything Taylor does so obviously this song made the list.  I've loved this song since I got this album so I'm really glad it's a single.  I'm not a huge fan of the video because I pictured it differently.  I do love Scott Eastwood though!  Also, I'm going to her concert in 9 days!!!!!!!  Be looking for a post all about it!  Favorite lyric: He's so tall and handsome as hell He's so bad but he does it so well I can see the end as it begins My one condition is Say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress, Staring at the sunset, babe Red lips and rosy cheeks Say you'll see me again Even if it's just in your wildest dreams

2. Levels by Nicks Jonas
I am OBSESSED with Nick Jonas!  When did he start looking so sexy?  I don't even mind!  All of his songs are instant hits.  I do wish this song came out during the summer because it seems more fitting.  Plus this video is EVERYTHING!!!!  The only way to make it better is have him shirtless.  I really hope that happens!  Favorite lyric: I know, we can get higher There's levels to your love Yeah, there's levels to your love And I know, we can get higher There's levels to your love And I keep on climbing up

3. What Do You Mean? by Justin Bieber
My Bieber obsession is back!  I stopped listening to his music when he went crazy.  When I saw his campaign for this song I still wasn't sure.  Then I actually heard it and I've been playing it ever since!  I love how it's slightly techno but still soulful.  The true test for me will be his album.  Favorite lyric: You're overprotective when I'm leaving Trying to compromise but I can't win You wanna make a point but you keep preaching You had me from the start, won't let this end First you wanna go to the left then you want to turn right Wanna argue all day, make love all night First you're up then you're down then between Ohh I really wanna know What do you mean?

4. Hair by Little Mix
Little Mix are killing it right now!  I honestly can't wait for this album!!!!  This is the perfect break up song.  It's catchy and upbeat.  It's just a really fun song!  I listen to it every single day.  A lot of people think it's about Zayn but I'm pretty sure they wrote it before the break up.  I'm all for girl power!  Favorite lyric: Cause he was just a d*** and I knew it Got me going mad sitting in this chair
Like I don't care Gotta get him out my hair I tried everything but it's useless He pushed me so far now I'm on the edge Make him disappear Go get him out my hair

5. Downtown by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
Macklemore is my biggest guilty pleasure.  I just love his music!  He can literally make a song about anything and it would be a hit.  I feel so happy every time I hear this song.  I love the 70's vibe of this song.  It really makes it easy to recognize and it's different which I like.  The video is the best since Thrift Shop.  I just love it!  Favorite lyric: It's me, the M the A-C the K Stunting like a French pimp from back in the day I take her to Pend Oreille and I watch her skate I mean, water ski, ollie ollie oxen free I'm perusing down fourth and they watching me I do a handstand, an eagle lands on my seat Well hello, but baby, the kickstand ain't free Now do you or do you not wanna ride with me I got one girl, I got two wheels She a big girl but ain't a big deal I like a big girl, I like 'em sassy Going down the backstreet listening to Blackstreet

6. Locked Away by R. City feat. Adam Levine
I only liked this song because of Adam Levine at first.  Then I found myself randomly humming it during the day. I really like the message of this song.  More songs need to have messages like this because they really do affect people.  I also love the beat.  It's just very catchy.  I'm interested to see what their other music will sound like.  I'll have to check it out.  Favorite lyric: If I got locked away And we lost it all today Tell me honestly Would you still love me the same? If I showed you my flaws If I couldn't be strong Tell me honestly Would you still love me the same?

7. Feelings by Maroon 5
I have an embarrassing story with this song.  It came on my radio and I was immediately excited because I thought that they had a new album coming out.  Then later that day I had my iPod on and this song came on.  Also I had played it 12 times!  I guess I just forgot all about it!  My friend thought it was SO funny but oh well!  I love this song though!  It also has a slight 70's vibe which I'm obsessed with right now.  Favorite lyric: If you want me take me home and let me use you I know he doesn't satisfy you like I do And does he know that there's nobody quite like you So let me tell you all the things he never told you I got these feelings for you And I can't help myself no more Can't fight these feelings for you No, I can't help myself no more

8. Break A Sweat by Becky G
I discovered this song at 3 in the morning when I couldn't sleep.  I honestly can't stop listening to it!  It's so upbeat and just really fun.  It makes you want to dance!  I like to listen to it in the mornings to get in a good mood for my day.  It would be a good work out song too.  I've always liked her songs so I'm glad I heard this one.  Favorite lyric: Can you take me places I've never been Never been before?
Give me loving 'til I just can't take it Take it any more Baby break a sweat, break a sweat Baby break a sweat Don't get tired yet, tired yet Don't get tired yet Baby break a sweat, break a sweat Baby break a sweat Keep on doing it, doing it Keep on doing it

9. Infinity by One Direction
This was a last minute addition.  1D announced that their new album will be come out in November.  If you pre-ordered then you got this track.  So of course I did and I'm in love.  I love the way they are going with their music.  It's very mature sounding and I love it.  I can't wait for the rest of the album!!!!  I will do a full review so don't worry!  Favorite lyric: How many nights does it take to count the stars? That's the time it would take to fix my heart Oh, baby, I was there for you All I ever wanted was the truth, yeah, yeah How many nights have you wished someone would stay? Lie awake only hoping they're okay I never counted all of mine If I tried, I know it would feel like infinity Infinity, infinity, yeah Infinity

10. Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Meghan Trainor feat. John Legend
I didn't even realize that this was a favorite until it was stuck in head.  I'm constantly singing this song.  It reminds me of a old school classic love song.  I love the oldies and I love how her songs always have that sound.  I'm not a big John Legend fan but he fits the song perfectly.  Favorite lyric: So I'm gonna love you Like I'm gonna lose you I'm gonna hold you Like I'm saying goodbye wherever we're standing I won't take you for granted 'cause we'll never know when When we'll run out of time so I'm gonna love you Like I'm gonna lose you I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment