Monday, September 21, 2015

DWTS Season 21: Hometown Glory


It's week 2 and already a double eviction is happening!  Tonight one celebrity will say goodbye to the competition.  Then tomorrow night another celebrity must go.  This is the first time I've seen the celebrities do dances this early.  I can't wait for it!  Tonight the celebrities will be doing dances dedicated to their hometowns.  Make sure you vote so your favorites don't go home.  Come back tomorrow night to see who us the second celebrity eliminated!


NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
His hometown is Tampa, FL.  He chose the song Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy.  This week he danced the Jive.  Now this is one of my favorite dances so I have high standards.  He didn't do very well.  He actually slipped and fell.  I think that really got in his head for the rest of the dance.  At least he stayed confident.  I'm still rooting for him though!  His score is 21 of 30.

PAULA DEEN AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
Her hometown is Savannah, GA.  She chose the song Midnight Train To Georgia.  This week she danced the Rumba.  I was SO impressed!  This is a very sensual dance but she pulled it off.  She improved a lot!  She still needs to work on her turns but this was great.  I just can't believe she improved that much in a week.  Her score is 19 of 30.

HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
His hometown is Moorsville, NC.  He chose the song This Is How We Roll.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  OMG you guys I can't believe that performance.  He can dance and I couldn't look away!  I wasn't loving him last week but now I'm a fan.  He still needs work but I like him.  His score is 22 of 30.

CHAKA KHAN AND KEO MOTSEPE:
Her hometown is Chicago, IL.  She chose the song Chicago.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  This was rough to watch.  She forgot steps again.  I do like how she just continues on instead of dwelling on her mistake.  She just has fun.  Sadly I don't think she'll last.  Her score is 15 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
His hometown is Chester, NY.  He chose the song Only The Good Die Young.  This week he danced the Jive.  I really like him.  It started great and then became messy.  He lost timing and his steps seemed rushed.  His performance is great though which makes you love him.  His score is 21 of 30.

KIM ZOLCIAK BIERMANN AND TONY DOVOLANI:
Her hometown is Atlanta, GA.  She chose the song Queen Bee.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I'm gonna say she was the most improved!  She came out and danced for herself.  She just had fun and she can actually dance!  Her form needs work but I really liked it.  Her score is 19 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
His hometown is Sacramento, CA.  He chose the song Don't Stop Believin'.  This week he danced Jazz.  I have mixed feeling about this.  I thought the danced was super cute but he barely danced!  There were just too many lifts and I wanted to see him dance.  It just didn't showcase him very well.  His score is 23 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
Her hometown is Covel. CA.  She chose the song Que Es Lo Que Quiere Esa Nena.  This week she danced the Salsa.  She KILLED it!!!  I thought she was good last week but tonight she was FANTASTIC!  I want MORE!!!!!!  Her husband should be scared for sure.  She's one of my favorites!  Her score is 24 of 40.

VICTOR ESPINOZA AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
His hometown is Hildago, Mexico.  He chose the song La Bamba.  This week he danced the Jive.  It was a big mess.  He was off time, dropped his prop, and forgot his moves.  It was a lot of fun just very hard to watch.  He needs lots of work still.  We'll see how long he lasts.  His score is 17 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Her hometown is Severn, MD.  She chose the song We Are Family.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  I just love her.  This was her element and I just can't stop watching.  She needs to work on her connection with her partner.  She kinda loses her spark in hold.  I love her though!  Her score is 24 of 30.

GARY BUSEY AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA:
His hometown is Tulsa, OK.  He chose the song Wouldn't It Be Nice.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  Well it was better than I thought.  It looked like a real dance this time.  I do like his energy and how much fun he has.  I'm still not loving him though.  His score is 18 of 30.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
His hometown is Columbia, MO.  He chose the song Home.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I love him!  This dance was beautiful and elegant.  He is just so natural.  I love his connection with his partner.  I could watch him all night long.  He is amazing.  His score is 24 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
Her hometown is the Australia Zoo.  She chose the song You Shook Me All Night.  This week she danced the Tango.  She just surprises me every time she dances.  She has a hidden dark side and I loved it!  She needs to stay contained in frame but I still loved all of it.  She is going to win the entire show.  I have no doubt about it.  Her score is 25 of 30.

Results:
Bindi, Carlos, Tamar, Alexa, Nick, Victor, Kim, Alek, Andy, Hayes, Paula, and Gary are safe.  Chaka Khan has been eliminated.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment