Monday, September 14, 2015

DWTS Season 21: It Begins NOW!!!!


It's premiere night.  If you are new to my blog make sure you come back every Monday because I recap every episode.  I'm actually really excited about this season.  There are only 3 judges this year because Len Goodman didn't come back.  This means the highest score possible is 30.  Next week is a double elimination.  Somebody will be eliminated Monday and then another on Tuesday.  The show kicked off with a huge opening number.  It was AMAZING!  I'm obsessed already!!!  Who are you rooting for this season?  Let me know!!!!!  Make sure you vote for your favorites so they stay.


VICTOR ESPINOZA AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
He is a horse jockey.  He has no short term memory because he has had so many concussions.  This week he danced the Salsa.  I was very surprised!  I thought it was going to be a mess.  He wasn't that bad.  It needed more Salsa but I didn't hate it.  His score was 15 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
She is a singer, reality star, and co-host of The Real.  She just wanted to get back in shape after having her baby.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  She did REALLY good!  This is one of the harder dances especially for the first week.  I'm a fan for sure.  She still needs work some work though.  Her score was 23 of 30.

CHAKA KHAN AND KEO MOTSEPE:
She is a singer a.k.a The Queen of Funk.  This week she danced the Cha Cha.  This was a mess.  She forgot a lot of steps.  It was also slow and off beat.  I'm not sure she can make it very far unless she blows everybody away next week.  I don't see that happening though.  Her score was 13 of 30.

HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
He is a social media sensation.  I have mixed feelings about him.  He really isn't a celebrity but I don't decide who gets on the show.  He has the potential to grow and become a really great dancer.  His timing was off slightly so he needs to work on that.  Girls love him so he'll go far.  His score was 21 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
He is a singer.  Last season he guest performed and felt like he needed to be part of the show.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I like him a lot!  He seemed like a natural but it was a bit jerky.  I'm sure it was just nerves.  I love that he got paired with Allison because she is great.  His score was 21 of 30.

PAULA DEEN AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
She is a celebrity chef.  This week she danced the Quickstep.  I was actually pretty surprised.  She looked terrified and needed to let loose.  She was just kind of being dragged around.  I want to see her personality more.  She just needs to have fun.  Her score was 15 of 30.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
He is from Big Time Rush.  His wife is also on the show competing.  This week he danced the Jive.  He is GOOD!  He is a total natural!  I honestly didn't want it to end.  He will go very far for sure!  I'm interested to see how he will do on slower dances.  His score was 23 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
She is an actress.  Her husband is also competing on the show.  This week she danced the Jive.  I love her!  She really lets her personality shine.  Her choreography was really hard for the first week.  She killed it though!  She got lucky having Mark as her partner.  Her score was 22 of 30.

KIM ZOLCIAK BIERMANN AND TONY DOVOLANI:
She is a reality star.  This week she danced the Salsa.  I knew nothing about her so I didn't know what to expect.  She wasn't great to be honest.  She really held a lot back and I wanted more.  She was also very stiff.  I hope next week she just has fun.  Her score was 12 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
She is a zoo keeper.  Her father was Steve Irwin and she's doing it for him.  This week she danced the Jive.  OMG she is my favorite girl this season!  She has SO much energy and a bubbly personality.  I just love her!  I could watch her dance all day long.  People need to watch out for her.  Her score was 24 of 30.

GARY BUSEY AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA:
He is an actor.  He suffered a brain injury years ago so he learners slower.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  Well it was entertaining.  I couldn't look away even though he was a hot mess.  I was actually laughing out loud.  I'm not even sure that was a Cha Cha.  I don't know what is going to happen next.  I can only imagine!  His score was 15 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
He is an American hero.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I didn't know anything about him so I didn't know what to expect.  He was very good.  He was just so elegant and graceful.  I was very impressed.  His arms need some work but overall he did a great job for never dancing before.  I'm worried he won't last because he doesn't have a big fan base.  His score was 22 of 30.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
He is a Backstreet Boy!!!  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I've been waiting 20 seasons for a Backstreet Boy to be on the show!!!!!  He is my favorite guy this season!  He was full of energy and it was fun to watch.  I loved everything about it.  I think he will go all the way.  I'm in love and I'm totally team Nick!  His score was 24 of 30



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment