Tuesday, September 22, 2015

DWTS Season 21: Pro Hometown Glory


It's night 2 of week 2!!  Tonight another celebrity will be eliminated.  Last night the celebrities showed off their hometowns and now it's the pros turn.  I'm excited about this because I like learning about the pros.  They are just as important as the celebrities.  If you missed last night's recap click here.  This is the first time the celebrities have had to learn two dances so soon.  I have no idea who will be going home tonight.  The show started with a pro number.  I loved it!  Make sure you vote to keep your favorites safe!  Come back next Monday for TV week!


HAYES GRIER AND EMMA SLATER:
Emma is from Tamworth, England.  She picked the song Are You Gonna Be My Girl.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I'm starting to really like him.  It was modern and youthful.  I loved the choreography.  I wasn't ready for him to be that good.  He still needs to work on his frame and feet but girls love him.  His score is 23 of 30.

CARLOS PENAVEGA AND WITNEY CARSON:
Witney is from American Fork, Utah.  She chose the song Hound Dog.  This week he danced the Cha Cha.  I loved this dance!  It was such a different take on the Cha Cha.  It did need more traditional steps but it was fun.  I did want more swagger from him but he still looked good.  I'm still a fan!  His score is 21 of 30.

GARY BUSEY AND ANNA TREBUNSKAYA:
Anna is from Chelyabinsk, Russia.  She chose the song 1812 Overture.  This week he danced the Paso Doble.  Well he stayed in character.  I just can't take him seriously.  I wanted more control and passion.  It was all over the place and off beat.  I'm not sure he'll go very far.  His score is 15 of 30.

ANDY GRAMMER AND ALLISON HOLKER:
Allison is from Los Angeles, California.  She chose the song Heaven Is A Place On Earth.  This week he danced Contemporary.  It was SO much better than last night.  It was such a beautiful dance.  It was some extremely hard choreography and he did it.  His arms need some work still but he was much more focused tonight.  His score is 23 of 30.

ALEXA PENAVEGA AND MARK BALLAS:
Mark is from London, England.  He chose the song Somewhere In Time.  This week she danced the Rumba.I got very emotional during this.  It was so classy and I loved it.  It was just so simple and elegant and just beautiful.  She did need a bit more hip action but she was gorgeous.  Her score is 22 of 30.

PAULA DEEN AND LOUIS VAN AMSTEL:
Louis is from Amsterdam, Netherlands.  He chose the song Get Ready.  This week she danced the Tango.  I was slightly disappointed.  There were some mistakes which made the mood go down.  She has so much potential and sass.  I really want to see more of that.  She needs to stay focused.  Her score is 18 of 30.

BINDI IRWIN AND DEREK HOUGH:
Derek is from Sandy, Utah.  He chose the song Only A Man.  This week she danced the Waltz.  It was so beautiful and touching.  She always looks amazing.  I adore the connection between them.  There was a lift which is against the rules.  I didn't even care though.  Her score is 23 of 30.

KIM ZOLCIAK BIERMANN AND TONY DOVOLANI:
Tony is from Pristina, Kosovo.  He chose the song Come Home.  This week she danced the Foxtrot.  She did incredible!  I can't believe the difference she has made from last week.  She is actually naturally graceful.  I think she does better with the formal dances.  Her footwork could use some work but she has potential.  Her score is 18 of 30.

ALEK SKARLATOS AND LINDSAY ARNOLD:
Lindsay is from Provo, Utah.  She chose the song American Girl.  This week he danced the Quickstep.  I thought the dance was cute and a lot of fun.  He messed up quite a few times which made me not love it.  His shoulders were raised which made him seem very closed off.  I'm rooting for him though.  His score is 22 of 30.

VICTOR ESPINOZA AND KARINA SMIRNOFF:
Karina is from Kharkiv, Ukraine.  She chose the song Girl On Fire.  This week he danced the Rumba.  I thought this was his best dance so far.  I didn't love it though.  It didn't feel like a Rumba to me at all.  It was too powerful and not sensual enough.  He needs so much work still.  I'm just not a fan 20 of 30.

NICK CARTER AND SHARNA BURGESS:
Sharna is from Wagga Wagga, Austrailia.  She chose the song Coming Home.  This week he danced the Foxtrot.  I LOVED IT!!!!  I got emotional again!  It was such a special moment and I couldn't look away.  He made a comeback from last night.  He was just so focused and it was beautiful.  He will go very far and I'm voting for him!!!  His score is 24 of 30.

TAMAR BRAXTON AND VALENTIN CHMERKOVSKIY:
Val is from New York City.  He chose the song Living In New York.  This week she danced the Charleston.  OMG I just love her!  It was AMAZING on so many levels.  It was funky and modern.  She killed it!  Their connection is so much better than last night.  I want more!!!!!!!!  #SlayTay  Her score is 25 of 30.

Results:
Tamar, Bindi, Nick, Alek, Alexa, Carlos, Paula, Kim, Andy, Hayes, and Gary are safe.  Victor has been eliminated.




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment