Monday, August 31, 2015

My August Playlist!


OMG summer is pretty much over!  I can't believe how fast it went.  I'm ready for fall though.  My month was pretty much uneventful.  It was refreshing though because I have been busy every weekend since May.  I worked a lot on my blog so that was good.  I am very excited about this month's playlist.  It was pretty much full three days in to the month.  I'm still OBSESSED with last month's playlist which you can check out here.  What songs are you loving?


1. She's Kinda Hot by 5 Seconds of Summer
I am so glad they have new music out.  I feel like it has been awhile.  It reminds me of high school a lot because I went through a punk rock phase.  This song totally has that sound.  It's very catchy and ALWAYS in my head.  I can't wait to hear more!  Favorite lyric: They say we’re losers and we’re alright with that We are the leaders of the not-coming-back’s But we’re alright though Yeah, we’re alright though We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene Yeah, we’re alright though

2. I Don't Like It, I Love It by Flo Rida feat. Robin Thicke
How does Flo Rida make every song a hit?  It works on me every time!  This song is no different because I just love it.  It instantly puts you in a good mood.  I was SO surprised that Robin Thicke was singing with him.  It sounds nothing like him!  I'm very impressed and maybe he'll make a comeback.  Favorite lyric: I don't like it, I love it, love it, love it, uh oh So good it hurts I don't want it, I gotta, gotta have it, uh oh When I can't find the words, I just go

3. My Love by Justin Timberlake
This song is total throwback!  This song was everywhere this month for some reason.  I heard it a lot on the radio pretty much every day.  I did not mind though because it is one of my favorite songs by him.  I played it every morning before I went to school.  Let's be honest I love everything that he does.  I wish he would but out more music soon!  Favorite lyric: Yeah, because I can see us holding hands Walking on the beach, our toes in the sand I can see us on the countryside Sitting on the grass, laying side by side You could be my baby, let me make you my lady Girl, you amaze me Ain't gotta do nothing crazy See, all I want you to do is be my love

4. Lean On by Major Lazer
I actually liked this song for awhile but I never knew who sang it.  I really just like the beat.  It reminds me of an outdoor festival for some reason.  The video is very weird but I just can't stop listening to the song.  I don't think I would like her other songs though.  Favorite lyric: Blow a kiss, fire a gun We need someone to lean on Blow a kiss, fire a gun All we need is somebody to lean on

5. Ex's & Oh's by Elle King
I discovered this song at 3 AM when I couldn't sleep.  She sounds VERY similar to Amy Winehouse who I love.  That is what caught my attention the most.  I'm always humming this song because it's very catchy.  I'm sure what her other music sounds like but I am a fan of this song for sure.  It does make me miss Amy Winehouse though.  Favorite lyric: One, two, three, they gonna run back to me 'Cause I'm the best baby that they never gotta keep One, two, three, they gonna run back to me They always wanna come, but they never wanna leave Ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me Like ghosts they want me to make 'em all They won't let go Ex's and oh's

6. First Time by Icona Pop
They opened up for One Direction when I saw them in concert last month.  They were promoting their new album and this song was one that they sang.  I loved it right away!  It is just one of those songs that make you want to dance and scream the lyrics.  I like to play it in the morning to help me wake up.  Favorite lyric: Come on and run, run, run with me through the alley Before we get old and all our friends start to panic The first time we got high The first time we got drunk The first time we fell in love And things will never be the same And that's okay

7. Drag Me Down by One Direction
OMG 1D shocked the world by dropping this single without any warning!  Usually they promote it but this time they just tweeted out the iTunes link.  I thought it was a joke at first but I'm glad it's not.  I am OBSESSED with this song!  I honestly like them better as a group of 4.  It gives Niall and Louis more chances to sing which I like.  It was weird to not see Zayn in the video though.  I'm SUPER pumped for the album!  Favorite lyric: If I didn't have you there would be nothing left The shell of a man who could never be his best If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun You taught me how to be someone, yeah All my life You stood by me When no one else was ever behind me All these lights They can't blind me With your love, nobody can drag me down

8. House Party by Sam Hunt
I'm still loving country music!  I discovered this while I was driving to the One Direction.  All we could get on the radio was country.  This song came on and I bought it right away on iTunes.  It's just such a fun song!  I also just love his music.  Favorite lyric: Cause I'll be at your door in ten minutes Whatever you got on, girl, stay in it You ain't gotta leave the house to have a good time I'm a bring the good time home to you We'll have a house party, we don't need nobody Turn your TV off, break that boom-box out We'll wake up all the neighbors til the whole block hates us And the cops show up and try to shut us down If you're gonna be a homebody We're gonna have a house party

9. Do It Again by Pia Mia feat. Tyga and Chris Brown
This song is my current obsession!  I literally have it on repeat all day long.  I didn't even existed until I saw people talking about it on Twitter.  Finally I decided to check it out and I'm glad I did!  I haven't heard it on the radio yet but so I highly recommend it to you guys.  You'll be addicted like I am!  Favorite lyric: It was nice to, nice to know ya, let's do it again How we did it on a one night stand Boy, I wanna be more than a friend to ya Nice to, nice to know ya, let's do it again How we did it on a one night stand Boy, I wanna be more than a friend to ya Let's do it again

10. Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld
I also discovered this song when I couldn't sleep.  This is the perfect anthem for all girls.  You all know that I love girl power and this fits perfectly!  I'm so glad she made this song because it could change a lot of lives.  I struggle with body issues so I really love the message.  She did an amazing job on this song!  Favorite lyric: I'm gonna put my body first And love me so hard 'til it hurts I know how to scream out the words Scream the words (I love me) Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else (Hey) Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else (I love me) Can't help myself, no, I don't need anybody else Anytime, day or night (I love me) Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else (Hey) Gonna love myself, no, I don't need anybody else (I love me) Can't help myself, no, I don't need anybody else Anytime that I like (I love me)




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment