Friday, July 31, 2015

My July Playlist!


July is over!!!!  I'm actually really sad because it is one of my favorite months.  I had my 26th birthday which I was AMAZING!  Even though none of my actual plans happened it was still a great birthday.  I also went to two different concerts.  First I went to Kenny Chesney which was for my birthday.  On Tuesday I went to see One Direction!!!  It was just a good month overall.  I also discovered some awesome new music.  Don't worry there are a couple of throwbacks also.  I've been SUPER into country music which you'll notice in this playlist.  I'm still obsessed with last months playlist which you can find here.  What songs are you listening to?


1. Can't Feel My Face by The Weeknd
I tried SO hard to not like this song because I'm not a huge fan of him.  I just couldn't resist!  I am constantly singing or humming it all day long.  Everything about it is catchy!  I'm still not convinced to buy any other songs by him though.  I did buy this song and I listen to it daily.  I'm not a fan of the video though.  Favorite lyric: She told me, "Don't worry about it" She told me, "Don't worry no more" We both knew we can't go without it She told me you'll never be in love-oh-oh, wooh I can't feel my face when I'm with you But I love it, but I love it, oh I can't feel my face when I'm with you
But I love it, but I love it, oh

2. Should've Been Us by Tori Kelly
She is slowly becoming my obsession.  I just love everything about her!  Her voice is just flawless and so unique.  I also love her style and personality.  I'd really love to see her live sometime.  I play this song every morning because I just want to belt it out while getting ready.  We all do it so deny it.  Let me know if you have her album and if I should buy it.  Favorite lyric: It should've been us Shoulda been a fire, shoulda been the perfect storm It should've been us Coulda been the real thing, now we'll never know for sure, ooh We were crazy, but amazing, baby we both know It should've been us, us It, it, it should've been us

3. Good For You by Selena Gomez
I've been a fan for a couple of years now so I'm glad she has new music out.  When I heard this song on the radio I had no clue it was her.  The sound is COMPLETELY different sound and I'm loving it!  It is much more mature so she'll probably lose her younger fans but she'll gain new ones.  The video took me by surprise.  It's sexy but not crazy like Miley Cyrus did.  I applaud her.  Favorite lyric: Gonna wear that dress you like, skin-tight Do my hair up real, real nice And syncopate my skin to your heart beating 'Cause I just wanna look good for you, good for you, uh-huh I just wanna look good for you, good for you, uh-huh Let me show you how proud I am to be yours Leave this dress a mess on the floor And still look good for you, good for you, uh-huh

4. 21 by Hunter Hayes
I'm in love with Hunter Hayes.  Even my grandpa who is 73 loves him.  He is just the best!  I've been playing this song all month.  It fit perfectly since it was my birthday.  Even though I didn't turn 21 that is the message behind the song.  We can all feel 21 no matter what age we are.  I really hope this means he'll have a new album out soon!  Favorite lyric: That's the way that we're doing it, doing it We go big or we go back home People looking at us like we're losing it, losing it But, baby, we ain't doing nothing wrong Gonna be up all night Chasing the sunrise Like we're wild and young Baby, kids on the run Gonna party like we just turned 21

5. Yeah Boy by Kelsea Ballerini
I discovered her on YouTube and I immediately bought her album.  That is very unusual for me!  She reminds me of Taylor Swift a lot.  She seems to be very relatable to girls based of her songs.  All her songs are just SO good!  I like that she has a country sound because a lot of artists don't anymore.  I really hope she comes to Nebraska because I will go see her for sure!  Favorite lyric: Yeah, boy I'm digging what you're doing Yeah, boy I'm trying to keep it cool But you're making it hard, I'm wishing your arms Were wrapping me up tight Yeah, boy You shine and you can't even help it Yeah, boy Your eyes could make the moon jealous And if you wanna know if I wanna be your girl tonight Yeah, boy

6. Good Thing by Sage The Gemini feat. Nick Jonas
This is another 3 AM discovery.  I was watching videos on TV and then I heard Nick Jonas.  The obsession is real!  He looks SO good in the video too!  It is a very catchy song and it pops in my head at random times.  I don't know any other Sage The Gemini songs but I am a fan of this one!  Favorite lyric: This ain't nothing but dangerous We about to be over it Why can't it just be what it is Why can't it be what it is We're both getting emotional Same time getting so sexual Why can't it be what it is
Why can't it be what it is I know, you know, we know We can make the good thing keep happening
Good thing keep happening I know, you know, we know We can make the good thing keep happening Good thing keep happening


7. Ain't No Other Man by Christina Aguilera
This song is a total throwback!  This was my jam back when I was a senior in high school.  I even had it as my ring tone!  This month I heard it EVERYWHERE!  It was my iPod, the radio, and even on TV.  It made me love it all over again.  It just brought back SO many memories!  I was only 17 when it came out.  That makes me feel very old!  Favorite lyric: Ain't no other man, can stand up next to you Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do (what you do) You're the kinda guy, a girl finds in a blue moon You got soul, you got class You got style with your bad ass oh yeah Ain't no other man its true all right Ain't no other man but you

8. I Go Back by Kenny Chesney
In my Kenny Chesney post I said you would have to check my playlist to find out my favorite song.  Here it is!  This song will forever be my favorite by him.  I just love the meaning behind it.  A lot of songs hold a lot of memories for me.  That's the greatest thing about music.  Music will always be a huge part of me no matter what.  Favorite lyric: I go back to a two toned short bed Chevy Drivin my first love out to the levvy Livin life with no sense of time And I go back to the feel of a fifty yard line
A blanket, a girl, some raspberry wine Wishin time would stop right in its tracks Everytime I hear that song, I go back


9. Let Me See Ya Girl by Cole Swindell
OMG you guys this song is my current obsession!  I literally have it on repeat all day.  I actually heard it on the way back from the Kenny Chesney concert.  I only heard it once and now I'm addicted!  It's really catchy and I just can't get enough!  I've never heard any of his other music so I'm not sure if I like any other songs or not.  This song is a winner though!  Favorite lyric: Girl you're tearin' that dance floor up Let me see you do it in the bed of my truck You sure know how to shake it alright Let me see you do it in the Tennessee moonlight Woah, baby lets go down a little road nobody else knows Just me and you park on the edge of the world That's how I wanna see you girl

10. Act My Age by One Direction
This was one of my favorite performances at the concert.  It just makes you want to dance!  Niall even did the Irish jig!  It was great and I wish I was back already!  This song definitely fits their personality because they don't act like they are 21.  Even my mom liked this song.  I can't wait for the new album!  Favorite lyric: I won't act my age, no, I won't act my age No, I'll still feel the same around you I won't act my age, no, I won't act my age No, I'll still feel the same and you will, too
Hey! When I can hardly walk and my hair is falling out We'll still stay up 'til morning We'll throw the after-party, oh, yeah, oh, yeah





xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment