Thursday, July 23, 2015

Movie Review: The Longest Ride


I'm back with another movie review!  I'm slightly obsessed with anything Nicholas Sparks so I had to see The Longest Ride.  About a year or or two ago I read the book and I wasn't that impressed.  I didn't love it or hate it.  I just didn't think it flowed that well.  As I was reading the book I knew it was going to be a movie but I didn't know who the actors were.  I had heard the film was better and I'm glad I listened.

I am 100% in love with this movie.  It definitely is in my top 10 for sure!  The move is about two different couples.  The first is Luke and Sophia who are young and in love.  The other couple who is older are Ira and Ruth.  Luke and Sophia find Ira crashed on the side of the road and rescue him.  Every day Sophia comes to read Ira letters he had written for his late wife Ruth.  You learn that the two couples really aren't that different despite the age gap.  Luke is a professional bull rider who downplays the severity of his injury.  Sophia is an art major who has internship waiting for her in New York.  I'll leave it at that so I don't ruin anything.

I have a new love/obsession after watching this film.  It's Scott Eastwood!!!  I could stare at him all day long and his acting was great as well.  I felt the film flowed a lot better than the book did which is rare.  I highly recommend this film!  It has a love story but also a modern day western vibe.  Who doesn't love a hot cowboy?  Have you read the book or watched the film?  Which did you prefer?  Let me know your thoughts!




xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment