Monday, August 24, 2015

Cooking Corner: Watermelon Cupcakes

I love cupcakes!  I could eat one every day and never get tired of it.  Awhile back I saw a recipe for watermelon cupcakes and thought it was interesting.  I'm not a huge watermelon fan but I decided to try them.  They are actually really good!  They are the perfect summer treat.  I wish I made them sooner!  If you make these tweet me a picture @jerica_89.



What You'll Need:
Cupcakes:
1 Box of White Cake Mix + Ingredients Called For On The Package
1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Package of Watermelon Jello
Red and Yellow Food Coloring

Frosting:
1 Cup Butter, Softened
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
3 Tablespoons Whole Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Green Food Coloring

Directions:
For Cupcakes:
Preheat oven and line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
Prepare batter according to package directions. Stir in jello mix. Stir in red food coloring. Stir in a little yellow food coloring until you reach your desired shade of pink.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill cupcake liners ~2/3 of the way full and bake according to package directions.

For Frosting:
Cream butter until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
Gradually add powdered sugar a little at a time. Add milk as needed.
Stir in green food coloring until you reach your desired shade.
Spread or pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
Sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment