Thursday, August 13, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent


I have bee waiting for FOREVER to see this film.  I immediately bought it the day it came out!  This is the second movie in the Divergent series.  I thought I did a review of the first film but I must have forgotten.  You can check out my thoughts on the books though.

I'll start briefly on what I thought of the first film Divergent.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  Some parts were exactly how I pictured it while reading but I HATED the ending.  They completely changed it!  You are probably wondering why I was so eager to see Insurgent then.  I have a reason.

I was really curious on how they were going to continue based on that ending.  It totally exceeded my expectations!  It was SO much better than the first film which doesn't typically happen.  It has been awhile since I read the books but it did seem to follow what I remember.  This was definitely more action packed.  It does get a bit violent at times so be warned.  It's not super graphic though.

Shailene Woodley does an amazing job as Tris.  She is exactly how I pictured her to be in the books.  I'm also in love with Theo James who plays Four.  They just did an awesome job with the casting.  Overall, I loved this film a lot better.  Give it a chance even if you weren't a fan of Divergent.  You'll be really surprised.  I can't wait until Allegiant comes out next year!  Have you seen this movie?  Let me know your thoughts.



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment