Monday, June 29, 2015

Cooking Corner: Layered Pistachio Dessert

Since the 4th of July is only days away I thought I would share a recipe we make every year.  It doesn't fit the color scheme but it's really good!  It brings back so many childhood memories because my grandma would make this dessert at least once a week.  It honestly my favorite thing that my grandma makes.  It's the perfect summer dessert!  If you make this recipe send me pictures on Twitter @jerica_89.


What You'll Need:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup melted butter
1 cup nuts finely chopped
1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup confectioner sugar
2 (8 ounce) packages pistachio pudding mix
3 cups milk

Directions:
Press flour, butter, and nuts into a 13" x 9" pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Allow to cool.

Beat Cool Whip, cream cheese and confectionery sugar with electric mixer; spread over cooled crust.

Beat pudding mix and milk well with electric mixer on low setting. Let mixture stand until set. Then carefully spread over cream cheese layer.

Cover and refrigerate for one hour. Slice into 2" x 2" pieces.

Store in refrigerator.


xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment