Monday, June 15, 2015

Book Review: The Boy In The Striped Pajamas


I finished another book!  It's called The Boy In The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne.  My friend told me I needed to read this book so I checked it out.  It was VERY good but VERY sad.  I knew a little bit about this because it's also a movie.

It is told through the eyes of Bruno who is a 9 year old German boy.  It is set during the Holocaust so if you don't like that I wouldn't read this.  After his dad gets a new job the entire family moves onto a concentration camp.  While out exploring, Bruno becomes friends with a boy on the other side of the fence.

I'll leave it there so nothing is ruined for you.  I really enjoyed this book plus it was a super easy read.  It gave a different perspective to what we know about that war.  Since it's told through a young boys point of view it really gave it a sort of innocence.  I'm too nervous to watch the movie because I'm not exactly sure how graphic it will be.  Overall, I would recommend checking this out.  Have you read this book?  Let me know your thoughts!



xo,
Jerica

No comments:

Post a Comment